Monday, April 22, 2019

CQQ #4: Remember Your Victories...?


Do you remember the victories of the King of All Kings?


Happy Easter/Resurrection Day!

Because of Christ's sacrifice and defeating death through His resurrection, we can have new life. So to commemorate, I remember the One who changed my life and continues to work changes for the better to this day. I call it remembering one's victories.

I can still remember how Christ changed my life way back in 2009. You could say I've been walking with my Good Shepherd for nearly a decade now (as of this post).

God had rescued me from my lost state and helped me overcome many battles overtime, including ignorance, addictions, insomnia, false friendships, loneliness, poor self-image, and the severity of past scars.

And though I still have some challenges to deal with now and ahead, I know I can still depend on God to help me keep moving forward no matter how tough it gets. Nothing on earth can ever truly satisfy the way God does, and He keeps me going even during my bad days. Christ is the source of my hope in a fallen world.


Remembering your victories in Christ can serve as a reminder that God has helped you come a long way on your journey on earth; that God has walked with you through so much, and He's not going to abandon you to whatever current troubles you may be dealing with. In other words, He didn't take you this far just to leave you lost.

No matter how long you've been walking in your personal journey with Christ, there's a victory to be had. Your salvation in Christ is the most important victory! Whatever troubles going on in this world, don't let it stop you from living in faith. Renew your hope and keep on walking with Christ, for a great victory still awaits ahead.


Curious Questions to Consider:

When did you officially give your heart to Christ (accept Him as Lord and Savior)?

How long have you been walking in your relationship with God through Christ?

What kinds of challenges has God delivered you from? Does remembering your victories draw you closer to God? Does it boost your appreciation of Him?

Does reading/hearing about the triumphs that God has worked in the lives of others encourage you in your walk with God?

Are there any challenges you're facing currently? Would you like prayers?

What are you grateful for? Give thanks to God for the good things in your life.

What kinds of traditions do you and your family partake in during the Easter holidays?


Leave your thoughts in the comment section below. Feel free to share your own stories, experiences and insight in relation to the topic.

Be sure to be respectful and considerate of your word choice in regards to whatever details you choose to share. We're not here to gossip or backstab. Refrain from using specific names. Do not use this topic as an excuse to discourage those having a hard time or bash on those who may agree or disagree on certain views regarding Easter. No flame wars. Please keep it clean and civil.


God bless and thanks for sharing!


_______________________________________________________

Author's Notes:

Cover image courtesy of klimkin.


(Written on April 22, 2019.)


+ + +

2 comments:

  1. I could write quite a lot, but I will be brief as possible. I responded to a Billy Graham mail outreach in adolescent years. Raised in Christian home. But did not take my faith seriously until about age 40. God saved my life from accidents. He could have easily thrown me in Hell multiple times [too many]. My "thorn" He left, and it would have me, but He helps me there too when I call to Him. I face continual pressure to relent, as I guess we all do. I am grateful that i do not currently reside in deepest Hell, it's that simple. All else is gravy as they say, but its some fantastic gravy - family, church family, Twitter family, work, you name it. Super-blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! Praise the Lord for His wonderful mercy and saving grace! And that's some good gravy indeed. May God continue to encourage you and bless you and your family as well!

      Delete